Many ocular diseases do not show any early symptoms, and while some are treatable, the progression can only be delayed or halted for others. That’s why precise and early detection is vital in managing ocular diseases.With all of the developments in optometric technology,
With most of us working on a digital device and indoors for lengthy periods, dry eyes have become a common condition. Dry eye disease (DED) results when our tears evaporate too quickly or are not produced fast enough.A healthy layer of tears is essential for good comfortable vision.
We understand your eyesight is essential, and you shouldnot have to wait around for better vision. With in-built labs at our clinics in Brampton and Mississauga, in most cases we can provide you with same-day prescription glasses and contact lenses, as we do not have to send your prescription out to be filled.
For centuries, glasses were used to correct vision errors. Then contact lenses came around and released people from wearing glasses for a clear vision. Thanks to technological advances, LASIK surgeries have now become a reliable alternative to improving eye vision for millions of people, and reducing their dependency on eyewear.
Diabetic retinopathyis one of the leading causes of blindness in the world. Routine and regular eye examinations by your optometrist can significantly improve your chances of seeing clearly for many years to come. We recognize how important early detection is and our office has invested heavily in technology that allows us to detect diabetic eye disease before it starts to threaten your vision.
Eye Care Services in Brampton & Mississauga
At Drs. J&K Gill & Associates, your eye exam will start with a complete history of your eye health, followed by an accurate prescription and health assessment of your eyes using advanced techniques to diagnose and maintain your ocular health.
- Comprehensive examinations include assessment for glaucoma, cataract, macular degeneration and cornea
- We encourage children to have their first eye exam at 2 years
- Diabetic eye exams on yearly basis
- Contact lens consultations and fittings, including bifocal contacts
- Pachymetry – corneal thickness measurement for early diagnosis of keratoconus
- Dry eye testing and treatment
- Removal of foreign bodies in lodged in the eye
- Laser vision consultations
- Visual field testing, laser scans of optic nerve and, retinal photography for glaucoma